3.09.2007

Coming Soon

Gahh, me is sooo excited. Giddy.. and excited, I can't wait ^ ^ These are some of the upcoming dramas I'm looking forward to:

태왕사신기 / The Legend of The First Kings, Four Gods

Bae Yong Jun as Dam-deok
Jung Jin Young as Hyeonko

Who was Dam-deok (Gwang Gae Toh Dae Wang): He was the 19th king of Goguryeo (lasted from 37 B.C. to 668 A.D.). During the time of Dam-deok, Goguryeo was the most powerful nation in East Asia (yes, even the Chinese dynasty couldn't defeat Goguryeo). At age 11, he was made the Crown Prince and became King when he was 16. In 396, he attacked Baekje (a nation Southwest of Goguryeo) and took over the northern area above the Han River. He defeated the many invasions made by the Yeon Dynasty (China) after 400 A.D. During his reign, the number of castles he took over numbered in the hundreds and villages numbered in the thousands. However, he died at an untimely age of 39.

Mauwy`s 2 cents: This, another Saeguk drama, as I have read is a continuation of Jumong, in fact - this drama replaces Jumong during Mondays and Tuesdays night in MBC. Well, storyline is, Dam-Deok is related to Jumong -- that`s all I can say for now. And really, really looking forward to this drama, as here, Bae Yong Joon acts for the first time being a "general" as opposed to his usual sweet, sensitive roles he had in the past. Yong Joon was my first love really, amongst the korean actors [tee-hee] I can say I have moved on ~~ but that dont mean I`m stopping my admiration for him as an actor, I think he's a great actor though... have you seen him semi-naked? Gosh, his biceps are bulging.. haahaa. Buff~~ & Goguryeo Historical Drama's is interesting to watch, I used to watch Dae Jo Young from time to time but then I stopped, coz its so hard to watch a tradional drama if you havent started on its first episode ㅡ.ㅡ;;

에어시티 / Air City

Choi Ji Woo as Han Do Kyung
Lee Jung Jae as Kim Ji Sung

Han Do Kyung is a career woman who is working as the regional chief of operation of 5 nations. She speaks five different languages. However, Do Kyung lives with an uneven wound of her family. Kim Ji Sung is a national secret agent who has acute observation and calm judgment capabilities. Kang Ha Joon is the operation situation team leader in the headquarter of Incheon National Airport. He is the manager of the heroine, Do Kyung.

Mauwy`s 2 cents: Choi Ji Woo and Lee Jung Jae~ veteran actors already, I wonder how this drama goes, the plot is interesting enough and Jung Jae - first time of me to soon see a drama of his, firstly coz he usually makes movies, heehee. Really looking forward to this drama, as I wonder if Jung Jae-Ji Woo chemistry will work out ^ ^ and I okay, Ji Woo is the Melodrama Queen eveer.. and I hope this time there's not much crying and bawling, her character this time looks like a toughie and strong one [i hope!] and it's not that I'm sick of her crying all the time, I just want her to explore her acting diversity and see her in more challenging roles.. I just wuvv her. Haahaa. As for Lee Jung Jae ~ am expecting the best of him, he's a veteran, sheesh, I know he can do it [:

Time Between Dog and Wolf / 개와 늑대의 시간
Lee Joon Ki as Lee Soo Hyun
Nam Sang Mi as Suh Ji Woo
Jung Kyung Ho as Kang Min Gi

Lee Soo Hyun a courageous and energetic man who wants revenge on a criminal group. Suh Ji Woo met Soo Hyun when they were children and fell in love with him. Due to a sudden accident, they had to separate. They meet each other again when they are working as secret agents disguised as museum curators. However, they separate once again because Soo Hyun wants to revenge on his parents’ enemies. Both belong to a special investigation unit against an international narcotic drug crime organization.

Mauwy`s 2 cents: Joonki Oppa~ haahaa. The plot seems really interesting, and I just hope Joonki aint gonna be the third party again.. I just feel sad for him sometimes heehee. thats why he really should belong to me, harhar] I'm guessing there will be a lot of 'suspense' scenes [I hope] as Joonki plays a secret agent this time. and to his ever hating detractors.. well. 닥저~ I think Joonki had proved himself as an actor for me already - he's not just a pretty face, it's just that looks are deceiving sometimes and you just got to have the skills to back it up. Well, I hope he wont fail me and portray his role well.. Aja~! ^ ^

마녀유희 / Witch Amusement

Han Ga In as Ma Yoo Hee
Jae Hee as Jae Mo Ryong
Kim Jeong Hoon as Yoo Joon Ha
Jun Hye Bin as Jang Sung Mi
Dennis Oh as Jamie Oliver

Ma Yoo Hee has an independent personality and is the only daughter of the owner of an advertisement company. She works as an advertisement planner. After she is introduced to Jae Mo Ryong, who is a student learning cooking, she falls in love with him. Dennis Oh will play a famous French Chef from America. He is perfect guy named Johnny Kruger from New York. He plays a big part in hooking up Ma Yoo-Hee and Jae Mo Ryong. Jang Sung Mi is the ex-girlfriend of Mo Ryong.

Mauwy`s 2 cents: Now this seems to be a promising romantic-comedy, and Oppa overload too, Jae Hee, Kim Jung Hoon & Dennis Oh ! Take your pick.. mine is Dennis, so sorry. Haahaa. I was kinda dissapointed at first when I realized Han Ga In is paired up with Jae Hee, as I wanted to see more of Dennis/Ga In pair-up, as I liked them in the SG Wannabe/Kim Jong Kook MV ~ Only the Wind. But then, it is justified really, he's still got far more to go in terms of acting, he is hawwtness, yes but Jae Hee excels more in acting.. I loved him in 3 Iron btw.

마왕 / The Devil

Joo Ji Hoon as Oh Seung Ha
Shin Min Ah as Seo Hae In
Uhm Tae Woong as Kang Oh Soo

The tragic event of their childhood entwined the fates between two men who are bonded by it and a woman who has an ability in psychometry into a love triangle. Oh Seung Ha is a lawyer, who is destined to meet a police detective, Kang Oh Soo. Seo Hae In is a 25 year old mysterious librarian with an ability in psychometry. She is at the level of being diagnosed with amnesia/sleeping disorder and she tends to be in full concentration when she becomes too absorbed/focus into something. Kang Oh Soo is from a rich family and accidentally caused Seung Ha to lose his brother and mom when they were young. Seung Ha studied hard to be a lawyer but he becomes a serial killer in order to seek revenge on Kang Oh Soo. Oh Seung Ha and Seo Hae In will have feelings for each other while Kang Oh Soo has a one sided love for Hae In.

Mauwy`s 2 cents: Joo JI Hoon~ its his 2nd drama right, I think he's done well with Goong and now I`m anticipating this drama. Ji Hoon, in my opinion fits well with the *toughie* image with his looks. He plays as a police detective here? It should be good to watch, am anxious ^ ^ & Min Ah, I admit am not really fond of her, but she's okay I think. Psychometry plays a big part in this drama~ and personally I havent heard of Psychometry before and now it interests me much. Starting to symphatize with Tae Woong's character - it says he studied to be a lawyer - but ends up as serial killer. Poor man.. ]:

헬로 애기씨 / Hello! Miss

Lee Ji Hoon as Dong Gyu
Lee Da Hae as Lee Soo Ha

Hwa Ahn Dang owner, Soo Ha, is trying to save the place from being bankrupt. She meets Dong Gyu and Chang Min, the grandsons of a wealthy man, who had worked for a long time at Hwa Ahn Dang before. Together with a crazy woman's daughter 'Hwa Ran', they get involve in a dangerous love story... This drama is adapted from the novel, "Kimchi Mandu."

Mauwy`s 2 cents: New drama of Da Hae, wow. Me soo excited really, and Kimchi Mandu - never heard of the book ever, and now I wonder~ coz Kimchi is food, obviously and Mandu means dumpling.. I wonder if food is connected with this drama. Heehee. Aww I love Lee Ji Hoon, I think he's gorgeous.. heehee. Let's see if she Da Hae & Ji Hoon too would have a great onscreen chemistry ^ ^

All in all, I think 2007 is promising for k-dramas. The plot lines are very interesting. I oppose anyone who says that all kdrama`s are the same, and that theyre getting tired of the same-old-same-old plotlines blahh blahh. Oh well, an advice, You just have to watch different kinds of dramas to not be bored ^ ^

No comments: